Saturday, November 23, 2013

And so my triathlon training has begun

Yes I have signed up for 2 Ironman 70.3 races for next year, Ironman 70.3 Putrajaya in Malaysia and Cobra Ironman 70.3 Philippines. I wanted Ironman 70.3 Philippines as my first 70.3 event but when 70.3 Putrajaya open up for registration and the price is quite low it was very tempting and since its much nearer to me I registered for the event.

I have started my training regimen to get back in shape for the 70.3 Putrajaya. I'm following a training plan that i got from www.triathlete.com its a 4 month training plan and even though its a 6 day a week training plan I think I can still get enough time to spend with my family. I'm planning to buy those recovery drinks so my body can adjust more faster with the hard training that it will receive in the weeks ahead.

I have started the other day with a 1 hr bike trainer ride with 30 second sprint scattered along. This morning i swan 800 meters with 20 seconds rest interval every 50meters.
Though i will be starting to follow my 4 month training plan by December 1, I wanted to get some base aerobic fitness in before that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment